Friday, January 31, 2014

"Future Of The Sport: Raio Morgan"




For this week’s “Future Of The Sport” feature, we are going to introduce you to Raio Morgan. As has been the norm as of late, we are going to let her tell you about herself.

My name is Raio Morgan and I am 23 years old. I started my racing career at the age of 7 in a Quarter Midget. After 7 years in a quarter midget, a couple championships and over 100 wins I moved up to a Restricted 600 Micro.

My second year of restricted I won over half of the races I competed in, The Budweiser Outlaw Nations, the Summer Clash, as well as the points championship at Plaza Park Raceway in Visalia, California.
Soon after, I moved up to the most competitive class, Multi 600. I lived in Arizona, where I was attending high school and flew to California every weekend to race. This made it challenging to race for points, because I would miss a few races each season.

Earlier this month I competed at the Tulsa Shoot out in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I made my first appearance here in roughly 2005 where I competed in restricted and finished 3rd in the A-Main. This year I competed in A Class and Outlaw.

In the A Class I started 6th in my heat and finished 2nd, started 2nd in my qualifier and fell back a spot to 3rd. Started 1st in the B main and won it and went on to the LCQ and flipped on the 2nd lap running 4th. That ended my journey in A Class.

In outlaw I won my heat race, and finished 3rd in my qualifier. I won the B main and finished 3rd in my LCQ. I started 19th in the Outlaw A main, being 1 of the only 2 girls to make the main. After 50 straight green flag laps, I ended up 14th in the A Main.

None of this would be possible with out the help and support of my family, friends and sponsors. I have to give a special thanks to the Salmon Family and Visalia Window Company for everything they do to make this opportunity possible.

I don't know where racing may take me but as of now I am planning on running a micro in the Multi class for my 2014 season. I will be running for points at Plaza Park Raceway and Lemoore Raceway and hopefully be traveling back to the shootout at the end of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment