Friday, January 24, 2014

"Future Of The Sport: McKenna Haase"


 

For this weeks’ “Sprint Car Spotlight” we are going to introduce you to McKenna Haase! Keeping with the recent features, we are going to let McKenna tell you about herself since she did such an excellent job!

I first fell in love with racing when I attended my first race at Port City Raceway in Tulsa, OK when I was in the 3rd grade, and I was instantly hooked on the sport!

By 5th grade I began racing at a public go-kart track in Knoxville, IA called Slideways Karting Center where I ran in the weekly men’s league in 2008 and 2009. It was through Slideways Karting Center I discovered English Creek Speedway, a 1/6th mile outlaw sprint kart track south of Knoxville.




I received the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a Box Stock outlaw kart in August of 2009 and roughly two weeks later I traveled to Oskaloosa, IA to pick up my first racecar.

I raced at English Creek Speedway in the Box Stock class in 2010 and 2011 before moving up to micro sprint cars in 2012. My first year racing micro sprints in 2012 I ran the Restrictor and Open/Outlaw classes at 6 different tracks in 4 different states, and in 2013 I raced in the A-Class and Open/Outlaw classes at 9 different tracks in 5 different states.

Racing all over the country has given me the opportunity to gain incredible experience and meet some amazing people! These past four years of racing I have been very blessed with incredible sponsors, fans, family, and support, and I am looking forward to what the future has in store as I work my way towards reaching my goal of racing sprint cars at Knoxville!

For more information about McKenna’s racing, check out her website at http://mckennahaase.webs.com!



No comments:

Post a Comment