Thursday, January 9, 2014

"Sprint Car Spotlight: Kaitie O'Neal"





For this week’s “Sprint Car Spotlight”, we are going to introduce you to Kaitie O’Neal. Keeping with the recent theme, we are going to let Kaitie tell you about herself!

When you first look at me, being 5’3’’ and 100lbs you wouldn’t think I drive a racecar. My name is Kaitie O’Neal, from Bloomington, IN. I am currently just a few weeks shy of my 21st birthday.

Racing is a family oriented sport for me. We spend all weekend at the track not just with me but my little brother Hunter as well. He is also currently running 410 non-wing sprint car. The competition around my house can be intense sometimes.


I started her racing career at the age of twelve, racing go-karts before moving up to micro-sprints the following year. After moving up to micro-sprints I was offered the opportunity to test in a non-wing 600cc mini-sprint. The following year I traded in my micro-sprint for a mini-sprint. After a few seasons in the mini-sprint, I was offered the opportunity to fulfill my lifelong dream to drive a full-size 410 non-wing sprint car for G&J Motorsports out of Terre Haute, IN.


I am currently in a transition period for the upcoming season. I will be piloting a new ride, the number 23 non-wing 410 sprint car for Hickman Racing out of Martinsville, IN. I raced the car at select races in 2013.

Her Supporters Include:

  • Aerofab
  • Circle Track Designs
  • Extreme Oxygen Products
  • Lucas Oil
  • Modern Powder Coating

No comments:

Post a Comment