Friday, February 21, 2014

"Sprint Car Spotlight: Sierra Jackson"






For this week's "Sprint Car Spotlight", we are going to change things up a bit. Not only will we be returning to the States this time, we will also be featuring a new discipline of sprint car racing. We will be introducing you to Sierra Jackson, a winged asphalt sprint car racer! Keeping with what has become the theme lately, Sierra will be telling you about herself.


My name is Sierra Jackson; I am 21 years old, from Middleton, Idaho. I began dirt track racing at the age of six, in cage karts and mini sprints then graduated to asphalt 360 sprint car racing in 2006. I have had wins at racetracks throughout the Northwestern United States and in Canada. At 15, I became the youngest driver and first female to win a NSRA (Northwest Sprintcar Racing Association) race, the Rebel Jackson Memorial.


At 18, I became the youngest driver and first female to win a NSRA championship, doing so in 2011, also becoming the first Ford driver to do so. In 2012 I was the inaugural Canadian-American Western Winged Sprintcars champion. I’m the only female driver to win the prestigious Diamond Cup at Meridian Speedway, winning it in 2011, and the Daffodil Cup in Victoria, BC, Canada, as well as being a two time winner of the Naylor Memorial Classic. 


Outside of my race life I work full time at a local hospital and I’m a full time student at Boise State University.


 I definitely couldn’t have all my accomplishment without my team and sponsors:

  • Telmate Communication Systems
  • Spiers Construction
  • Stock Construction Management
  • Jon C Irby Landscaping
  • Speedmart
  • The Kart Shoppe

1 comment:

  1. I watched Sierra Jackson this weekend at Western Speedway. This young girl is amazing! 1st in the main on friday night and 5th in the main on saturday night. She is incredible and awe inspiring. At 22years old she is one of the best if not thee best driver in a Winged Sprint car. I was lucky enough to meet her. She is very well spoken, polite and a joy to talk to.[she is cute to] Good luck Sierra from a fan in Victoria BC Canada.

    ReplyDelete