Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Sprint Car Spotlight: Courtney O'Hehir "



We are once again heading "Down Under" for this week's "Sprint Car Spotlight". We be introducing you to young up and coming Courtney O'Hehir. As has become tradition, we are going to let Courtney tell you about herself!


My name is Courtney O'Hehir and I race wingless sprints. I am 19 years old, and I am from Sydney, NSW, Australia.

I started my racing career at 14 years old, in junior sedans making several podiums. I raced at Sydney Speedway, Nowra, Goulburn, and Dubbo.

I moved to a wingless sprintcar at age 18.  I only raced 4 race meetings in a wingless before my first roll over. It left me out of my racing for 8 months with two fractured vertebrae in my back, c6 and c7 vertebrae.

I came back this season with a fresh car. This season has been good for me, I've had motor problems all this season, although my cars straight, so I've been happy with that so far. I’ve recently been in two speedway magazines. Oval Express and Totally Speedway, and I am planning to race the 50 lapper at Lismore next month

I got into speedway from my step dad Cameron Burnham. He has crewed for a few sprintcars over the years, including Mitchell Dumesny, Dave Lambert, Roddy and Toby Bellbowen, as well as Joey Saldana and Jason Meyers whilst racing here in Australia.

My hopes for my future in speedway are to race 410 sprintcars someday.

I would like to thank my crew, fans and sponsors for all they're support:

  • Cameron Burnham
  • Ben McCartney
  • Monique O'Hehir
  • Dial Before You Dig
  • Stork 1 limousines
  • JoCo's Hair Design
  • Ultra Spray
  • B&B Graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment