Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Sprint Car Spotlight: Morgan Turpen"





We are going to do something a little different and let Morgan tell you about herself! In light of the recent events within the group, we can’t have a better featured driver right now. Morgan had to overcome a serious injury a few years ago, and I hope it will show Alysha anything is possible! So, here is Morgan Turpen!

My name is Morgan Turpen. I am 20 years old from Cordova, Tennessee. I started racing go-karts in 2003 when I was ten years old. I won 2 championships and had 20+ wins. In 2008, I started racing 305 wingless sprints. I had one win and 10 top 5's. I only did that for a year and moved on up to 360's in 2009.

Unfortunately, that didn't last long when I had a bad wreck and busted the main carotid artery in my neck, which required a stent. In 2010, I started racing for Terry Gray Racing. I was national rookie of the year, midsouth rookie of the year, southern rookie of the year, and runner up in points on the USCS circuit.

In 2011, I won 2 USCS races. Made history with Erin Crocker by being the first ever females to finish 1-2 in a sprint car race. I also finished in the runner up spot in points again. In 2012, I won another race with USCS and had 25 top 5 finishes.

At the beginning of 2013, I was out of a ride, and then had Something Inked Motorsports help out in order to get me a part time ride with TGR.

 I race against names Terry Gray and Tim Crawley every weekend; so I am racing with the best in the business. Over the winter, I was ranked top female sprint car driver in America.

I am a full time student at the University of Memphis while working at Outback Steakhouse and racing most weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment